Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Weld Rod Storage

Thread: Weld Rod Storage

Hybrid View

Administrator & Sheet Metal Junkie Prostreet's Avatar

Weld Rod Storage

Hi Guys
    I thought I would share this with you. I'm making a neater way to store my Tig and Gas welding rod.
    I was at one of the home improvement stores over the weekend and while I was there I picked up some 1 1/2 schedule 40, some couplers, and some end caps.
    They were 2 foot long, so I cut them down to a foot and a half, which comes out to 3 foot, plus the coupler, which makes a total of about 3 foot one 1/8 inch. Just enough for my 3 foot long rods.
    Now I glued the coupler to one side of the pipe, and the other side will just slip in.

Here are the caps

Then I took a piece of scrap metal 20 gauge, ran it threw the offset die and punched 3, 2 and 7/8 hole then off the the brake for some bends and then a scuff and squirt and it will be ready tomorrow to hang on the wall. There will be a 1/2 inch wooden spacer behind the the panel to space it out.

I plan on painting the tubes a grey, and then color code a stripe for easy selection of which type rod is inside.
    I will take a picture when done.
    Thanks for looking.
    Thanks Steve
    Pro Metal Shop
    http://prometalshop.com/
    Hot Rod Sheet Metal Fabrication and Shaping Shop.

Excellent! A place for everything, and everything in it's place.
    bowtier If you can't stand behind our troops, perhaps you should stand in front of them bowtier!

My 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Some Technical Threads I have Posted:
    Frame Mounted Gas Tank - Rear Frame Notch - Upper Shock Relocation
    Track Bars, The Long & The Short Of It
    A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

All hung up and just needs paint and color coded.

Thanks Steve
    Pro Metal Shop

"WAY BACK WHEN" I worked in a packing house we stored our welding rod (stick) in an old (non- working) refrigerator with the light wired to stay on all the time. Kept them from getting damp with humidity.
    Enjoying retirement

Hi Charlie, years ago we had an old small safe with a light in it, to store our welding rods. I haven't stick welded since the late 70's early 80's. Not sure if or when I would ever need to.....
    Thanks Steve
    Pro Metal Shop

That's why I said long ago anim_63anim_63 since I got my mig I haven't used a stick welder no real need to.
    Enjoying retirement