Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just got a 66

Thread: Just got a 66

\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n Gozzy\r\n \r\n
\r\n Gozzy is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n Junior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Just got a 66\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hello all,
\r\n
\r\n Just bought a 66 and really pumped about it. Going to make it my toy hauler. First step is lowering. What is recommended for this procedure ? I\'m not looking at hot roding this bad boy, just want to keep her low and slow and enjoy the ride. I like the bag idea but not sure if its a conversion that is a swap out with different control arms and just replacing shocks and springs with bags ( and of course compressors and tank etc ). Whats every ones thoughts ?\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; pd[4179] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #2\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n cffisher\r\n \r\n
    \r\n cffisher is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Administrator\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n cffisher\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Gozzy Welcome to C10 trucks Enjoy your stay and post some pictures of your NEW ride\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    Enjoying retirement
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[4180] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #3\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n lakeroadster\r\n \r\n
    \r\n lakeroadster is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n lakeroadster\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n How low do you wanna go?\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n sign0016... I\'d like to see some photos of your \'66 too.
    \r\n
    \r\nBags vs springs... it really depends on your plans for the truck and how low you want to go.
    \r\n
    \r\nUnless you notch the rear frame a 4" rear drop using lowering springs is the max you can do and still use your truck as a truck. If you want it lower then air bags are the way to go... IMO
    \r\n
    \r\nAs a point of reference: My truck is lowered 4" in the rear and 3" in the front, all with springs.
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    bowtier If you can\'t stand behind our troops, perhaps you should stand in front of them bowtier!

\r\n
    \r\nMy 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread
    \r\n
    \r\nSome Technical Threads I have Posted:
    \r\n Frame Mounted Gas Tank - Rear Frame Notch - Upper Shock Relocation
    \r\nTrack Bars, The Long & The Short Of It
    \r\nA smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[4182] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #4\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n Gozzy\r\n \r\n
    \r\n Gozzy is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Thanks for replying so quick cffisher and lakeroadster and runem. I like lower but the ability to still use her for what she was meant to do. I won\'t be doing continueous heavy duty with her but I still want to have the ability to get gravel when I need to. It will be mostly parts, motorcycles, car show, grocery hauler. Is 4" drop in the back the max it will lay down regardless of using bags or springs. Really don\'t want to notch her. Just seams that\'s murdering her personality. I will do that to an 80\'s frame with out blinking, but to do it to a 47 year old truck just doesn\'t seam right. Bags seem alright because I can lay her on her stops when parked but lift her to ride. Is this the right idea or no. Never done this before so I\'m learning as much as I can from peoples experiences.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[4183] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #5\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n lakeroadster\r\n \r\n
    \r\n lakeroadster is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Senior Member\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n lakeroadster\'s Avatar\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n I originally had 5" drop springs on my truck, which only left about 2" of clearance, rear axle tube to frame.
    \r\n
    \r\nThe 5" drop springs were so wimpy though that I couldn\'t haul more than a couple hundred pounds without it bottoming out.
    \r\n
    \r\nThe 4" drop springs I have now are "Heavy Duty" and are similar to the stock springs in regard to carrying capacity.
    \r\n
    \r\nBags will give you the option of dropping the truck right down until the axle tube hits the frame when it\'s parked, but to buy all the rights pieces parts it gets pretty spendy.
    \r\n
    \r\nCompare the dimensions below with what your truck currently has to get an idea of where you are vs. where you think you want to be.
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\nMy truck has stock front springs that the PO torch heated to drop it.... it\'s about 3-1/2" (+/-) lower than stock. IMO if you drop the front more than that the front crossmember and lower control arms are too low for adequate running clearance to the ground, but that\'s me.... Safety First... anim_25
    \r\n
    \r\nof course you could replace the entire front crossmember and replace it with a Porterbuilt crossmember.... all depends on how much coin you want to drop.
    \r\n
    \r\nIf you want more details on my build, click here:Lakeroadster\'s \'65 C10 Build Thread\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[4181] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #6\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n runem\r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n Guest\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n

\r\n Unhappy You\'ll lose some bed area...\r\n

\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n if you bag it. I too like the idea of adjustable ride height but have decided that you can\'t much go wrong with dropped spindles and shorter springs. If anyone is gonna get a leaker connection or blown bag, it\'d be me.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; pd[5497] = '\r\n
  • \r\n\r\n\r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n #7\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n lazysurfer25\r\n \r\n
    \r\n lazysurfer25 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n Too bad, I can\'t see the pics anymore.\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n\r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n -' + '->\r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
    \r\n
  • \r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[4178] = "5497,4179"; pn[0] = ",4178"; pn[4179] = "4178,4180"; pn[4180] = "4179,4182"; pn[4182] = "4180,4183"; pn[4183] = "4182,4184"; pn[4184] = "4183,4181"; pn[4181] = "4184,5497"; pn[5497] = "4181,4178"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[619] = "Gozzy"; pu[8] = "cffisher"; pu[109] = "lakeroadster"; pu[10] = "Teamchevy"; pu[871] = "lazysurfer25"; // -->

Threaded View

Too bad, I can't see the pics anymore.