Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Ask Mike all your Detail Questions here is here to help everyone.

Thread: Ask Mike all your Detail Questions here is here to help everyone.

Administrator

Ask Mike all your Detail Questions here is here to help everyone.

To all C10Trucks.com members, I am proud to announce That autogeek.net has decided to sponsor a special detailing section here on C10Trucks.com, and Their detailing expert Mike Phillips has agreed to give us advice and help answer any questions our members have.

Mike has appeared on Two Guys Garage, Motorhead Garage, My Classic Car, and he is the host of Autogeek's What's in the Garage? on the Fox Sports Network.

A special Thanks to C10Trucks.com Member Tim ( 57borntorun ) for making Autogeek and Mike aware of C10Trucks.com

Mike Phillips has over 33 years of experience in the field of auto detailing and reconditioning and a true passion for automobiles. Mike has over 250 articles to his credit and he has hosted two full-length instructional videos for Autogeek. Mike has taught countless detailing classes since 1988 and has been a guest speaker at numerous car club events and car shows. Prior to working at Autogeek, Mike worked at Meguiar's as a sales rep/trainer for Oregon, Washington and Northern Idaho training body shop and dealership technicians how to use Meguiar's professional detailing products. Later, he became the online administrator and instructor of Meguiar's detailing classes. In 2009, he joined Autogeek as our Director of Training. Mike has appeared on Two Guys Garage, Motorhead Garage, My Classic Car, and he is the host of Autogeek's What's in the Garage? on the Fox Sports Network.

Thanks

otis

Auto Detailing Facts, Tips & Tricks

2. Remove Advertisements
    SilveradoOwners.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to C10 Mike your presents here will be appreciated by many I'm suresign0016
    Enjoying retirement

BF Goodrich Raised White Letters Turn Brown

sign0016 Mike.

My 1965 C10's stable mate is a 1969 SS Camaro. It is shod with BFG raised white letter Radial T/A's. The raised white letters have become raised brown letters. Also the wax in the black sidewall of the tire becomes visible when the car is in direct sunlight, kind of looks like Nestle's chocolate milk mix and will rub off with your hand.

I have researched this and have found that the brown color is from the wax in the rubber that is added to protect the tire from UV degradation.

This condition appears to be aggravated by the climate where I live, the arid plains of Colorado. Being a long time BFG T/A fan I know that I never had this issue when I lived back in the midwest.

I am not alone, I see quite a few other cars at local shows that have this same issue and it seems prevalent with BFG Radial T/A's.

Do you know what would be the best cleaner / conditioner to get the letters white and to keep the wax from reappearing?

I've used the following:
    Meguiars Gold Class Endurance (which smells great.. like grapes)
    Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner / Conditioner #40
    Bleche-Wite

John

Raised White Letters

Raised Brown Letters
    bowtier If you can't stand behind our troops, perhaps you should stand in front of them bowtier!

My 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Some Technical Threads I have Posted:
    Frame Mounted Gas Tank - Rear Frame Notch - Upper Shock Relocation
    Track Bars, The Long & The Short Of It
    A smart man learns from his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
    sign0016 Mike.

My 1965 C10's stable mate is a 1969 SS Camaro. It is shod with BFG raised white letter Radial T/A's. The raised white letters have become raised brown letters. Also the wax in the black sidewall of the tire becomes visible when the car is in direct sunlight, kind of looks like Nestle's chocolate milk mix and will rub off with your hand.

I have researched this and have found that the brown color is from the wax in the rubber that is added to protect the tire from UV degradation.

This condition appears to be aggravated by the climate where I live, the arid plains of Colorado. Being a long time BFG T/A fan I know that I never had this issue when I lived back in the midwest.

I am not alone, I see quite a few other cars at local shows that have this same issue and it seems prevalent with BFG Radial T/A's.

Do you know what would be the best cleaner / conditioner to get the letters white and to keep the wax from reappearing?

I've used the following:
    Bleche-Wite

John

Raised White Letters

Raised Brown Letters
    Thats one good looking 69.I have one as well.Let me get with Mike this week and see what we can do for you.They have been up at Wayne Carini`s shop filming this past week.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ssic-cars.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike welcome to C10

Quote Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
    sign0016 Mike.

I've used the following:
    Bleche-Wite

John

Raised White Letters

Raised Brown Letters
    The product is called" Amazing roll off" 12.99 from autogeek.net. Use it with a brush.

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    The product is called" Amazing roll off" 12.99 from autogeek.net. Use it with a brush.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

John

9. Remove Advertisements
    SilveradoOwners.com
    Advertisements